02 Planning & Building Regulations
For anyone looking to achieve a design solution and approvals for planning and building regulation works but does not require an architect once the project starts onsite.
RIBA's Plan of Work 2013 Stages - (Link)
Stage 3 Developed Design
Stage 4a Technical Design
For a client that already has a builder in mind and does not require our services for tendering or construction.
• Further discussions / meetings and design changes to the 3d model and two dimensional plans until a final design solution has been delivered ready for submission to the planning authority.
• We will either undertake a pre application meeting with the local authority or just prepare the submission of the planning application to the local authority (subject to your time constraints).
• We will prepare the final planning drawings ready for submission.
• We will prepare the design access statement ready for submission.
• Once all the relevant documents have been produced and checked we will then subject to your approval submit the planning application online via the planning portal.
• We will monitor your application on a weekly basis and discuss any issues that may arise with you and the local authority with a view of removing any concerns either party may have. This generally includes the submission of changes to the previously submitted plans, elevations and sometimes the design access statement which accompanied the drawings upon submission.
• Subject to a successful planning approval we will upon your instruction commence with the building regulations technical drawn information and accompanying building regulations notes (typically about 7 pages long).
• Once the building regulations drawings and notes have been finalised we are then in a position to submit them to building control for building regulations full plans approval.
• Once comments have been received back from building control we will update the drawings and notes (as according) and issue you with a set of the drawings and notes as approved and you and your builder will be able to progress forward as our services cease at this stage. We will leave you with a simple road map of dos and don’ts when dealing with the contractor onsite.