Project Description:Restaurant fit out for an 8,000 sq ft, circa 250 cover restaurant in Clarence Dock, Leeds
Project Aims:The brief was to create an outstanding restaurant interior with contemporary elegance and stylish décor, utilising materials already purchased by the client and to bespoke design the “infill” elements of the spaces these areas included the staircases, the food emporium (shop in the entrance), graphics and branding locations, window / façade treatments and back of house to achieve optimum functionality.
The Result: A fantastic restaurant that combines the emporium (shop), takeaway, main restaurant and private function room along with prayer room, staff facilities and ergonomic back of house functionality. This challenging project pushed us to our limits, it was like working on the ultimate lego set with bits missing and no instructions with the end result being a complete success with the creation of a “complete” project from the customer entrance to the staff exit at the rear.
1. The creation of a shop front, food preparation area, seating areas and office space within a newly constructed mezzanine.
2. Produce full information for submission to building regulations and construction issue.
3. Co-ordinate with the main contractor and any specialist subcontractor’s information.
4. Produce a full working drawing package to enable the coordination and installation of specialist items including kitchen and mechanical and electrical requirements.
5. The space planning of all areas above illustrating, desks, cupboards and photocopiers etc.
6. A full set of design and technical drawings.
8. Site supervision and co-ordination with the client.